This complaint has 3 steps:
Step 1. I thought I bought an expensive leather jacket for my daughter who told me about it on the last day of the Labor Day sale. I used my bank debit card and all seemed to go well. Two days later when it didn't arrive, I logged on to Lucky Brand to find it in my cart at full price. I had no documentation, so the sale price couldn't be honored according to a Lucky Brand rep.
Step 2: Reluctantly, since it was a birthday present, I then bought it at full price using the same debit card and was charged for the $500+ purchase. This full-priced transaction went through just fine. It arrived.
Step 3: Two days later and before she had even removed the tags from the full priced jacket, my daughter saw it on sale again through a Facebook link. It did not show up as on sale on the Lucky Brand site. When I talked with customer service, I was told I could not receive a price adjustment because they could not verify a sale price. The rep suggested I buy it at the sale price through the Facebook link and return the full price jacket. I purchased the jacket again, using the same bank debit card, and this time I saved the online receipt which contained all relevant information about the transaction in case the company denied that the purchase had ever happened as in Step 1. The jacket did NOT arrive. When questioned, the company rep said the transaction was cancelled at their end, though she did not know why. I used the same debit card which had a balance the supported the purchase.
At this point, the company has tied up over $800. The return to the store of the full priced jacket with related documentation did not lead to an immediate refund. Instead, the store clerk told me the jacket was would need to be mailed to the main office. Tracking shows it was received two days ago. Still no refund. Also, the money spent for the sale jacket, Step 3 that was cancelled by the company, still shows up as "processing" in my bank account.
I chatted with the company. The rep suggests I buy the jacket again at full price and petition for a partial refund using the receipt information for the cancelled transaction. Let's see, that would mean that the total paid would be over $1,100 dollars. Only a fool would do that given the history.
Lucky Brand needs to honor the sale price, send the jacket and provide a price adjustment that reflects the difference between the full price I paid in Step 2 and the sale price in Step 3.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Quality of the leather
What I disliked
- Will not honor sale price
You May Also Like
- "I walked in planning to sell three shirts I had never sold anything to platos closet before. so the lady very rudely explains to me it has to be in..."
- "DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Modlily. They listed a sweatshirt on their website for $90 original price as being on sale for $15. I thought it looked really warm..."
- "Got some extra time and $$ to *** away? Well then put in an order with ooShirts.com! What a nightmare to work with. We usually use 4imprint, Logosoftware, and DiscountMugs for..."
- "I purchased a shark vacuem cleaner some months ago. I live on my own so as you can imagine certainly not used excessively. Put my vacuem on this..."
- "This complaint has 3 steps: Step 1. I thought I bought an expensive leather jacket for my daughter who told me about it on the last day of the..."
- "JELOUS COMPETITOR!!! MAKES UP LIES ABOUT OTHER CLEANING COMPANIES, MANIPULATES TRUTH AND DAMAGING CLAIMS INTO ERRONIOUS MISLEADING STATEMENTS. MAKES FALSE CLAIMS ABOUT OWN QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHERS TO GAIN BUSINESS. USING UP SELLING,..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "Sent for a WHITE CAL-KING comforter with an order# confirmation 10/11/16. On 10/18/16 received my order. It was BURGUNDY and had a different order# but still had my name and..."
- "I was denied service cause the cashier/manager said I was Hispanic. And I have it recorded mind you he was an Hindu decent. I still shocked of his remarks and..."