This complaint has 3 steps:
Step 1. I thought I bought an expensive leather jacket for my daughter who told me about it on the last day of the Labor Day sale. I used my bank debit card and all seemed to go well. Two days later when it didn't arrive, I logged on to Lucky Brand to find it in my cart at full price. I had no documentation, so the sale price couldn't be honored according to a Lucky Brand rep.
Step 2: Reluctantly, since it was a birthday present, I then bought it at full price using the same debit card and was charged for the $500+ purchase. This full-priced transaction went through just fine. It arrived.
Step 3: Two days later and before she had even removed the tags from the full priced jacket, my daughter saw it on sale again through a Facebook link. It did not show up as on sale on the Lucky Brand site. When I talked with customer service, I was told I could not receive a price adjustment because they could not verify a sale price. The rep suggested I buy it at the sale price through the Facebook link and return the full price jacket. I purchased the jacket again, using the same bank debit card, and this time I saved the online receipt which contained all relevant information about the transaction in case the company denied that the purchase had ever happened as in Step 1. The jacket did NOT arrive. When questioned, the company rep said the transaction was cancelled at their end, though she did not know why. I used the same debit card which had a balance the supported the purchase.
At this point, the company has tied up over $800. The return to the store of the full priced jacket with related documentation did not lead to an immediate refund. Instead, the store clerk told me the jacket was would need to be mailed to the main office. Tracking shows it was received two days ago. Still no refund. Also, the money spent for the sale jacket, Step 3 that was cancelled by the company, still shows up as "processing" in my bank account.
I chatted with the company. The rep suggests I buy the jacket again at full price and petition for a partial refund using the receipt information for the cancelled transaction. Let's see, that would mean that the total paid would be over $1,100 dollars. Only a fool would do that given the history.
Lucky Brand needs to honor the sale price, send the jacket and provide a price adjustment that reflects the difference between the full price I paid in Step 2 and the sale price in Step 3.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Quality of the leather
What I disliked
- Will not honor sale price
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The Blair VIP Plus program is a complete scam. I have been charged twice on my card for a charge of $14.95 for the VIP Plus program that promised to..."
- "Bought these boots maybe a year or so ago. Wore once in Dec 2014 to plow snow on tractor. Noticed black powder on floor, thought it was dirt. Today..."
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "Ordered a gaming mouse, after 11 days no notice of dispatch, so I look to contact them. I can't look at my order as the site no longer recognises..."
- "I visited New York in March 2016 and I bought a pair of Converse. I keep them in the box. The stitching started to come away and now the hole..."
- "I waited 3 months for shirt T16032406294 to come in a size large, I am 5"11 and when it came it barely fitted my dauter who is 4"11. I was..."